But here are 10 things you might not know about Disney Cruise Line!
- You don't have to get off the ship while in port. In fact this is a great time to visit the pool or just relax in your room.
- Smile! You can get your picture taken with lots of Disney characters, but you can also have your photo taken with the ship's captain in the lobby at least one night during your cruise. (don't worry, his crew safely navigates the ship while he takes a break!)
- No towels needed. All the towels you need for the pool and for Castaway Cay are provided for you.
- Bring your favorite adult beverage on board. It must be brought in your carry-on bag and consumed in your stateroom, not in public places or lounges. You can also bring a bottle of wine or champagne to dinner, but there's a corking fee. Check with your agent for any restrictions.
- Teen spaces. Disney Cruise Line has some of the longest hours at sea for the teens-only spaces. Your teens will love hanging out with their friends - they may never want to leave!
- Holiday Fun! Each of the ships magically transforms for the fall and winter holidays - from Halloween decor to the "Very Merrytime" cruises featuring "snow flurries and a magical New Year's Eve at sea.
- Warm waters. The swimming pools on all the Disney ships are heated when the water temperature dips below 75 degrees.
Disney Cruise Line was the FIRST...
- To have YELLOW-COLORED lifeboats rather than the traditional regulation color of orange. Special permission was granted by the U.S. Coastguard to paint them in keeping with the Mickey colors of the ship (black, white, yellow and red).
- In the industry to offer fireworks at sea.
- To have an animated character as a fairy godmother. Tinkerbell is the fairy godmother to the Disney Wonder.
And there you have it! 10 things you might not have known about Disney Cruise Line.
What's your favorite thing on a Disney Cruise? Leave us a comment below!
Our professional travel agents can help you plan the perfect Disney Cruise. Our services are always free, plus you'll receive a free shipboard credit when you work with Magical Travel. Call us toll free at 1-866-207-8387 or email us at: email@example.com.