Thursday, May 30, 2013

Top 7 Ways My Family Stays Cool at Walt Disney World

With the passing of Memorial Day, I guess it's safe to say that summer is officially here! But with the warm temperatures in Orlando nearly year-round, you could say it's summer everyday at Walt Disney World.

This is just my personal list of ways to cool off at Walt Disney World. But I'd love to know what your best tips are...

How do you and your family beat the heat of hot summer days at the Disney theme parks?

Reply in the comments below.

Here are the Top 7 Ways my family stays cool at the Disney theme parks!

  1. Splish Splash! Get a FastPass for Splash Mountain early in the morning. Some people like to ride this attraction first. But if you wait until it's really steamy, that last drop will be so refreshing!
  2. I Scream, You Scream...Who can resist ice cream at the Plaza Ice Cream Shop on Main Street? Honestly, it doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. I always get an ice cream at the Plaza Ice Cream shop. Chocolate chip. In a dish. With sprinkles. Just in case you were wondering.
  3. Play in the fountains! At Epcot, there are fountains just bubbling with refreshing cold water right off the main walkway. They're mostly for the kids, but I say take off your shoes and socks and run through them! Everyone's a kid at Disney World, right?
  4. Ride the monorail. Might seem silly, but a gentle, air-conditioned ride around Seven Seas Lagoon or to Epcot and back just might be the trick to staying cool.
  5. Learn Your History. The Hall of Presidents is one of my favorite attractions. I enjoy history and I love watching my daughters learn about our country's presidents. Also, air conditioning!
  6. 3..2..1..Blast Off! Space Mountain is one of the most popular Disney attractions. My family and I don't mind waiting in line because we know the majority of the line is inside the building...which means there's plenty of air conditioning. (same thing is true for Pirates of the Caribbean, too!)
  7. Ride the Rapids. The Kali River Rapids at Disney's Animal Kingdom is perhaps the best way to beat the heat. You'll definitely get wet on this ride, but that's the part my daughter loves the best. She stays cool for a few hours walking around the park as her clothes dry.

So there you have it. My family's top 7 ways we stay cool at Walt Disney World.

How do you stay cool? Shout out your best tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment