|Mickey and some friends enjoying the white sand beaches of Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.|
If you're anything like my me, you want the best of both worlds - a memorable family vacation that won't cost you an arm and a leg.
You probably already know the Disney Cruise Line is a great option for families, couples, seniors or even singles. The entertainment is Broadway-style amazing. The food is spectacular. Kids race to their special clubs and activities. And the adult activities - like the spa, private restaurants and nightclubs - offer the perfect escape from daily activities. But did you also know the cost is virtually all-inclusive? As a mom and self-proclaimed penny pincher, believe me when I tell you that if you want the most bang for your buck, the Disney Cruise Line delivers.
Although there are many others, here are the TOP 5 ways you can save money on a Disney Cruise:
1. BOOK EARLY. Lock in the lowest rate and have more time to make payments. You don't have to pay for the entire cruise all at once. The earlier you book, the more time your Magical Travel agent has to apply discounts when available, which could lower your overall cost.
2. BOOK LATE! This might sound unusual, but if you're footloose and fancy free and able to travel at the drop of a hat, you could very well land an excellent last-minute rate within 30 days of a sailing.
3. BOOK DURING NON-PEAK TIMES. The savings are greater during these times. For Caribbean cruises: Sept., Oct., non-holiday weeks in Dec., and early Jan. to Presidents' Day. For European cruises: mid-March, April and Sept - Dec. For Alaskan cruises: May and Sept. are considered value seasons.
Have you cruised during these non-peak times? How was your experience?
4. WORK WITH MAGICAL TRAVEL FOR THE BEST SHIPBOARD CREDITS, DISCOUNTS AND PLANNING TIPS. Our free shipboard credits can be used right away on things like souvenirs, spa treatments, or excursions. And discounts pop up often, sometimes after you've made your initial reservation. Our agents are vigilant about passing every available discount on to you. As for planning tips, our agents have sailed the Disney Cruise Line with kids and without. They know the ships like the back of their hands. Lean on their expertise!
5. KNOW THAT ONE PRICE COVERS IT ALL. With the price of your cruise, you'll enjoy the world-class family entertainment, dining and accommodations you expect with Disney. You pay for alcohol, souvenirs, any off-ship excursions and photographs.
There's nothing worse than feeling "nickel and dimed" while on vacation. You won't feel that way on a Disney Cruise.
So tell us, have you cruised with Disney before? Leave a comment and tell us what your best tip is for first-time cruisers!