Thursday, June 27, 2013

Top 5 Must-Pack Items for Your Next Disney Cruise

I've been lucky enough to go on a few Disney cruises. In no particular order, here are five things I highly recommend packing for your next Disney Cruise:

Your camera/phone AND charger. You'll be blown away by how many photo-opps there are on the ships. So trust me when I tell you that you'll want to have your camera handy and charged. And no worries, there are outlets in the staterooms so there's plenty of opportunity for charging.

A light sweater or sweatshirt. For a late-night stroll on deck or a visit to one of the many nightclubs, a light sweater can come in handy.

Seasick pills, Dramamine, or ginger pills. It might take you a while to get acclimated to the movement of the ship, but overall it's a very smooth and relaxing way to travel. I have to tell you, I've never gotten seasick. And fortunately, neither have my husband or children. It's Murphy's Law at work...if I didn't have the seasick pills with me, we might have needed them. Bring them just in case, especially if it's your first cruise. If you forget, the shops on board will have things to buy, but I prefer to have my own with me.

A bottle of your favorite adult beverage!If you're 21 years or older, you can bring alcohol on board with your carry-on bags. Fair warning - you can't drink it in a lounge or public area and there is a corking charge if you bring it for dinner. It's really nice at the end of the day to sit on your veranda with a nice glass of your favorite drink!

Your running shoes. Working out may not be top on your list of things to do while on a cruise, but the ships have a running track usually on a higher deck with spectacular views. I speak from personal experience - this was one of my most favorite things to do. I didn't run every morning, but when I did it was so nice to get up before everyone else and enjoy the tranquil waters and the cool breeze.

And there you have it - my "Top 5 Must-Pack Items" for your next Disney Cruise.

What did I miss?  Let me know in the comments below - what's on your "must-pack" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment