Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Step Back in Time...To 1971

If you love all things Disney, you'll love this vintage video from the first parade at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World back in 1971. According to the Disney Parks Blog, the parade featured all of the classic Disney characters - including some you don't see very often like The Aristocats, Bambi and Thumper and the Queen of Hearts. 

A 1,076-member marching band played "76 Trombones" and then all of the musicians joined with a choir to perform "When You Wish Upon A Star" in front of Cinderella Castle. During the last verse of this iconic Disney song, the sky was filled with 50,000 multicolored balloons! Can you imagine??

How I wish I had been there. This video sure makes me feel like I was. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

What year did you first visit Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment